Zharski Ivan Mihailovich
On June, 1930 by the Decree of the United Council of national commissioners and the Soviet of Economics of the BSR the Forestry institute was formed, the official opening of which was held in Gomel in 1946 the institute was transferred to Minsk.
On November 16.1993 by the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR the institute was granted the status of Belarusian State Technological University. In November 1997 the State Inspection Commission of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus certified the Status of the University as a higher educational institution of a university type and the status of the University as a basic higher educational institution.
Today the total number of people who are taught and work at the University every year is more then 10000: 9103 students, 607 teachers, 145 post-graduates, masters and probationers. 35 Academicians and Corresponding Members of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Belarus and other Academies, 62 Doctors of Science, professors, 292 Ph. Ds assistant professors work at the University.
47 departments; 9 faculties; Dean's office for foreign students; Pre-University courses; Negoreloe forestry experimental station; Botanic garden; Meteorological station; Educational-production forest-processing complex; Borisov educational-scientific experimental station; Technological gymnasium.