AS Kistefos Træsliberi

AS Kistefos Træsliberi

À propos

  • Autres
  • de 1 à 10 employés

Norvège 2870, Kistefosvegen 633

AS Kistefos Træsliberi was founded in 1889 by consul Anders Sveaas and produced wood pulp at the Kistefoss factories near Jevnaker until 1955. The company acquired large forest estates in the early 20th century to secure timber supply and currently owns approximately 175,000 dekar of forest. From its founding in 1889 until today the company remained in the Sveaas family except for 1983–1993. The group is owned by 45 shareholders, with Kistefos Skog v/ Christen Sveaas holding 87.1% of the shares. While working with Heen Træsliberi AS at Hønefoss, Anders Sveaas identified the area north of Tyrifjorden and focused on the Kistefossen waterfall on the Randselv river a few kilometres south of Jevnaker. After a competitive bidding process and complications, AS Kistefos Træsliberi was established with Sveaas as majority shareholder; on 27 June 1889 a meeting approved contracts for purchase of the land, Kistefossen and construction of the mill, and adopted statutes and share subscriptions. Sveaas hired pulp engineer Wilhelm Rydgren, who gained a reputation as one of the most skilled in Scandinavia and erected the mill in a single year. About sixty men worked on the pulp building. On 14 April 1890 workers removed the catch dam and released the water; the timber intake was then excavated and blasted, and in October 1890 the plant was ready for trial operation.